**Objections must be lodged by 22nd June 2018**
We appreciate that many villages will be impacted by the proposed development involved, not just residents of Norton Disney. Everyone’s opinion is valued and their input is important. Please rest assured that there is a lot of activity going on behind the scenes. We understand there are many people with deep-seated concerns who are anxious to have their voice heard. Our aim is to give everyone a voice but it’s not appropriate or in our best interest of the group’s work to publish details of all ongoing work in this open forum. We will publish frequent updates in the Witham Staple, Focal Point, Collingham Fleet, Swinderby Link-Up and other local magazines.
Lincoln Proteins Ltd Planning Application has now been submitted and validated, long after their originally touted date of 22nd December 2017.
You can get involved in a number of ways:-
1. Lodge an objection online
You can view Lincoln Proteins’ validated application – PL/0036/18 – on Lincolnshire County Council’s Planning website here.
You can lodge an objection in one of three ways:
- Online at the LCC Portal here.
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting Planning Application reference PL/0036/18
- By post, by writing to:- Planning, Lincolnshire County Council, Lancaster House, 36 Orchard Street, Lincoln, LN1 1XX” (again, please specifically quote Planning Application reference PL/0036/18)
|Reasons to object (“material considerations”)
A material consideration is a matter that should be taken into account in deciding a planning application and can include (but are not limited to):
Please note that issues such as loss of view, or negative effect on the value of properties are not material considerations and should not be cited.
Please think about, and express in your objection, why it matters to you, your community and the businesses in the area that the planning application for this animal rendering factory should be refused.
2. Attend one of our Public Meetings & Letter Writing Workshops
- Saturday 9th June (10am-12pm) – The Hammond Hall, Bassingham
- Wednesday 13th June (7pm – 9pm) – Oakridge Arena, Collingham
The WVPPG Comms team are organising these two letter-writing workshops, with a kick-off presentation on our work to date, to provide guidance on how to object to Lincoln Protein’s Planning Application. The grounds for objection are really important in order for your objection to be counted. You can object as an individual and/or a business. Until the Planning Application goes in, these workshops dates are in pencil, and we will move them if needs be.
If you have a disability, or need some assistance with writing your letter, there will be folks on hand with laptops to take your dictation and print for your review and signature.
3. Take part in our human “No” photograph: 4pm, Sunday 27th May
- At 4:00pm on Sunday 27th May 2018, we will be gathering at Brills Farm, Norton Disney (the site of our December Protest March) to form the word “No” from ourselves. An aerial photograph will be taken.
- This will be followed by sausages and drinks to say thank you to everyone who has supported our campaign so far
- The more people, the more convincing our “No”, so please come along and bring all your friends 🙂
4. Make a donation via our JustGiving crowd-funding page
Nobody in the local area to Villa Farm wishes our beautiful environment to be ruined by the building of a rendering plant. To fight the planning application the community needs advice and assistance which inevitably incurs costs. We want to know we are approaching the campaign in a professional and credible manner to ensure we do everything possible to achieve a successful outcome. A bank account has been opened on behalf of the campaign together with a Justgiving account (our first page expired which is why a second page has been launched so please rest assured that if you donated on the first page, your funds were safely received and very much appreciated).
Together we’ve raised almost £3000 but legal and professional advice will cost considerably more. Now that the planning application has been submitted we must make a united effort to ensure that Lincoln Proteins’ application is not successful; with the help of local people we will do everything possible to keep our environment as we want it.
We’ll be submitting this petition to Lincolnshire County Council end May 2018. Situated yards from the front door of Villa Farm, Lincoln Proteins Ltd proposed site, there is a 1st to 4th century Roman Villa. The Villa has statutory protection as a National Heritage site however Roman Villas were not single buildings but usually a complex of buildings, temples and cemeteries. We believe further buildings lie in part or whole beneath Villa Farm and if the proposed factory goes ahead, it will destroy these archaeological remains forever (read more here). We do not believe Lincoln Proteins Ltd has shown any reverence or archaeological sensitivity to the site and indicated at the Norton Disney Exhibition that they may use Abbey Field to spread waste slurry. This development potentially threatens to destroy important and irreplaceable heritage and Villa Farm, as a Roman Villa site, should be given the full legal protection (as an Scheduled Ancient Monument) as the Villa itself has.
6. A Little Help from Our Friends
We will always be in need of “foot soldiers” so if you are able to deliver leaflets, take notes at meetings, bake buns, help with parking, advise others on letter-writing etc, please drop us a note via our email address volunteersWVPPG@gmail.com. We’d be delighted to have you on board.
Local Parish Council & public meetings with the animal rendering proposal as an Agenda Item:
- Wednesday 21st March 2018: Norton Disney Parish Council, 7.30pm.
- Monday 4th December 2017: Swinderby Parish Council Meeting, 7:30pm *Lincoln Proteins Ltd presented at this meeting
- Monday 4th December 2017: Aubourn & Haddington Parish Council Meeting, 7:30pm
- Friday 8th December: Public Meeting at Norton Disney Village Hall with Dr Caroline Johnson, MP (Sleaford & Hykeham), 7:30pm
- Tuesday 12th December 2017: Carlton le Moorland Parish Council Meeting, 7:30pm
- Thursday 14th December 2017: Bassingham Parish Council Meeting, 7:30pm
- Friday 15th December 2017: Presentation to Lincolnshire County Council & live webcast.
- Wednesday 20th December 2017: Public Meeting at Witham St Hughs (The Village Hall), 8:00pm
- Wednesday 10th January 2018: Carlton le Moorland Parish Council Meeting, 7:30pm
- Thursday 11th January 2018: Bassingham Parish Council Meeting, 7:30pm
- Wednesday 17th January 2018: Witham St Hughs Parish Council Meeting, 7:00pm