**Objections must be lodged by 22nd June 2018**
You can read the latest articles and listen to broadcast snippets in our WVPGG Media Deck.
The proposed development has attracted much attention in the media since Lincoln Proteins first made their plans to build a factory in Norton Disney public:-
- BBC Radio Lincs Breakfast Show, 9th January 2018 (skip to 2 hrs, 6 mins 18 secs)
- The Independent, 3rd January – “Michael Gove to reward farmers for environmentally friendly practices after Brexit“
- BBC Look North, 30th December – Evening News
- Rod Whiting Breakfast Show, BBC Radio Lincs on 30th December (skip to 2hrs, 1 min and 42 secs)
- BBC News, 30th December – “Norton Disney Rendering Plant: Protestors march against plans“
- Newark Advertiser, 30th December – “Protest March against Rendering Plant Plan“
- Lincolnite, 6th December – “Protest set against proposed Animal Rendering Factory in Norton Disney“
- Newark Advertiser, 7th December – “Protest March against rendering plant plan“
- Lincolnshire Live, 11th November – “Don’t cast industrial shadow over woodland – Fresh opposition to Norton Disney Animal Rendering Plant“
- Lincolnshire Business, 2nd November – “Hill Holt Wood opposes controversial Norton Disney animal rendering plant“
- Lincolnite, 24th October 2017 – “Residents kick up a stink about proposed animal rendering plant in Norton Disney“
- Lincs FM, 25th October 2017 – “Concerns over Norton Disney animal rendering plant“
- Lincolnshire Live, 25th October 2017 – “‘Smelly Skelly’ rendering plant to close if new £28m facility at Norton Disney is given go ahead“
- Lincolnshire Live, 24th October 2017 – ‘Please don’t build THAT near our homes’ – Thousands oppose plans for meat rendering plant in Norton Disney.”
- The Lincolnite, 24th October 2017 – “Animal rendering plant in Skellingthorpe to close if new £28m Norton Disney one approved“
- Lincolnshire Live, 31st October 2017 – “Residents dubious at claim new £28m rendering plant in Norton Disney won’t smell – here’s how the company say they can do it.“
And so it begins…..
- On 20th October 2017, Lincoln Proteins Ltd announced the proposed Villa Farm, Norton Disney development on facebook
- In April 2016, a Gov. uk Press Release confirms the firm was ordered to pay costs of over £24,000 for local water pollution.
- In September 2016, following the tragic death of farm worker in April 2013, Lincoln Proteins were fined £90,000 for breaching section 2 of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- In 2011, there was a fire at the Skellingthorpe rendering plant, with six fire crews called to A Hughes & Sons at approx 6:20am.